Saturday, June 28, 2008

Adding to the family

No- it's not what you think. Cassidy has been begging for a new "pet" lately, and with high maintenance Black Sabbath we took the easy road with Goldie. With a stop at the local pet store we purchased: a bowl, a tree, sand, a mermaid and the much needed filter- we brought Goldie home. We warned Cass about the life expectancy of a gold fish, and she seemed OK." I will just flush a flower down the toilet with her if she dies." No need for the awkward all fish go to heaven talk I guess. After a week with Goldie all is well- I admit to a sigh of relief when I walk by the bowl and see the fish still swimming. I thought I was being such a comedian when after a week I noticed the filter wasn't living up to what we expected and I cleaned the bowl myself. As Nate sat in the kitchen I said," curse you aqua scum!!!!" He just looked at me like a was from Mars- I thought it was funny. The filter is being returned.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Well I am glad Goldie is still alive. I am notorious for killing fish. Riley was given two fish for his 2nd Birthday and how long did they live.....three days....no I am not kidding. And how does one kill two fish in three days you might ask.....I have talent what can I say

Jess Hammond said...

I totally get the Finding Nemo reference and I laughed out loud when I read it. I can be from Mars too :)

Justin said...

You're a good parent for letting your child have a messy fish. Pretty soon you'll get sick of cleaning the bowl every three days and it will accidentally get dropped down the toilet.