


Yes the two little girls you see here are all grown up and just had their 31st
bday. That means Heather and I have been friends for 25 years. We met the first day of first grade and by the end of the week, after she had fallen asleep in her desk(body on the floor and head in the little side part) she was coming home with me.Heather came to my house in the morning and afternoon until about 5
th grade when my mom had to have a series of surgeries. One day she didn't want to teeter totter and jumped off- sending it slamming down on to my foot. We swam countless hours at her condo, had
bday parties for our cabbage patch kids and had matching coats in 3rd grade hers was of course purple. In 6
th grade her mom broke my heart and moved her to
Orem- just as we were supposed to go into Junior High. I love Heather so much- she has the driest sense of humor of anyone I know, she is a hard worker, she married a wonderful person and she is a dog lover. We got together last night with most of our close friends- Amy, Kelly Lindsey, Shannon, and Erin came down from Salt Lake. We went to
Ottavios and had great food and wine- then we did a little dancing at the local tavern he he. It was a fun night. Our entertainer( not what you think) an accordion player did his best to take the group photo, he was standing a bit far away- but I am glad I have a picture. I hope we can celebrate every year like this- having Heather as a fellow Cancer is the best part of my birthday.
5 comments:
I love that you are still friends with her. I don't have any friends from that long ago. They all moved away and I never kept in touch. It makes me sad. That's seriously so cool. By the way Happy 31st.
Oh, and I forgot to say I love that old picture of you guys. That's to cute. You and Cass could be twins. She looks just like you.
I had a great time- Sorry I didn't come to the after party, it sounds like you guys had fun. Can't wait to do it again.
Oh ... I haven't seen Heather in years! I love that picture of you two in the old days--I remember you guys like that! Tell her Hi for me.
Post a Comment