Monday, July 29, 2013

1956 Truck Before Pictures

May 24th, 2013


It has been two months since my dad passed away. I can't believe it. It still doesn't seem real. I keep waiting for him to knock on my door.
Anyone who knew my dad( he knew a lot of people) knew that he loved his trucks. Every since his passing there has been a buzz around family and friends about what is going to happen with the classic trucks. Well, from what we remember in conversations with my dad his goal was to have Coby be able to enjoy the brown '65 truck. Hopefully my typical 17 year old son knows how cool this is and can make his grandpa proud. We know Coby can drive the truck, but to be deserving of such a special peice of my dads legacy he must prove himself with a high school diploma and hard work. Along with a consistant respect for not only me, but Nate, Marty and my mom. He's working on it.

As for the Green 1956 Chevy Truck that I remember so fondly picking up the day my dad brough it home, well,  that is a project that I am going to take on. With the help of Marty and my dads many carshow friends I know I have the right resources.
I have been looking for something to make me feel better and I think this is it. I know my dad wanted to paint it flat black, but that is all he mentioned. So, hopefully we can make him proud.
Here are a few before shots, we are going to put the truck in a car show in August, and then during the Winter start the restoration process. I am happy and sad all at the same time.I have been around this my whole life, but never been involved. It will be an experience.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

This made me cry...How special! Love you.