Sunday, June 23, 2013

RAGNAR 2013...198 miles 2 vans 12 friends, no sleep.

This was the day we headed up. We stayed in Logan and started our run from there. 198 miles from Logan to Park City. I ran 14.6 and Nate did 19.0. Todd's work Precision Time makes a line of sports watches called Red Clover. They sponsered us. It was great. We got shrits, hats and new watches. The Van was from Melin and Lezlies work. We had  very supporive people and we all worked hard too to make this happen. It is not an easy thing . From Thursday to Saturday there is no sleep and you run about every 10 hours.

This is Nate before his first leg. He was runner #3 and I was #4. It was a good spot to be because he would hand off to me before I ran

This is me right before my 2nd leg. This was in Morgan, UT. Nate had just finished about a 5.5 mile run and mine was 4.0.

All Done! Merlin and Lezlie Moyes, Fifes, Amy and Todd Stoddard

Here are a few of our other team members. We didn't ride in their van. and they ran legs 7-12. Brian Barrow, Karlie Wilson and DJ Dickinson(DJ ran over 20 miles)

This in Melisa Dickinson with Karlie behind her and Merlin is on the left. MeLisa was our last runner and it was so good to see her. We all ran to the finish line with her.

Like they say run, rest ,repeat.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

YOU DID THE RAGNAR? You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I've been really slow to comment on your posts but I've been reading them and have been thinking of you!

I'm so impressed that you guys ran the ragnar! Pretty amazing!

I'm glad you're writing about your dad ... you'll be so glad for the memories you're recording and remembering. I can't imagine how much you miss him--especially since he was a big part of your daily life. I think you were so lucky to have that as an adult and not just as a kid.

I love Cass's memories of your dad and Nate's dad--so specific and detailed, which I think are the best kinds of things to remember.

I love you and hope you're doing OK! We're moving to Lehi this week but we'll have to get together soon!