Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sound It Out

Tonight was a milestone. Cassidy read her first book. It is called Sam. It reads something like this..... Sam sat. Sam sat. Mat sat. Sam sat on Mat.... and so on. Cass read page after page to her dad. He would glance over at me making sure I was hearing what he was hearing. Cassidy sounded out the words and made it through the book. I'm so proud of Cassidy- she is such a wonderful soul. For a change- I listened to a story at bedtime, it was fun.











7 comments:

christine said...

Good job, Cass! It is a proud moment for a parent-I remember feeling the same way when Ashtyn read her first book. It's also so cute to see how much they want to read once they know how. Can't wait to see you guys!

Amy said...

YEA!! That is so awesome. Last night Riley was looking at your family picture on our table in the living room and he said "come on Mama, I go play with cass now." It was cute. Perhaps she can read him a story next time they play.

Natalie said...

How exciting.

Haley Warner said...

I love that stage, It really was more exciting for me when Cole started reading than it was for him. :) Yay Cass!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Smart and adorable. Takes after mom, obviously.

Lynsee said...

Lacy, I love your family picture! It is my favorite! I love being ablt to see what is up with you guys! I miss you all at bookkeeping, I had so much fun, and it was fun getting to know everyone! Tell them all him for me!

Justin said...

Can't believe our little Cass is reading already. Way to go!