Nate giving Canny a bear hug- fastening her life jacket
My niece Cannon and my other "niece" Annalynn- with Cass
My precious Mother- this was my first overnight camping experience with my mom.
I love free for alls - THIS WAS FUN. Labor Day '08. My mom's oldest brother Bud invited us up to Strawberry reservoir. It was a little cold at night and my lovely RLS acted up- but that is my only complaint. My uncle Bud has a great family, it is as real as it gets with these folks- faults and all . This was some real camping. The tweens caught huge fish that we ate with our supper( yes I just said supper)- no fashion show at this camp out- no time, we have wood to chop.- and hell if you run out of plates and utensils just use someone elses when they are done. It has been a long time since I have laughed and carried on by a camp fire ate, in the dark and worried about a tent blowing over- can you all hear Steve Miller band and Willie Nelson? Genny brought some wonderful tunes. Bud is 19 years older than my mom; it was fun for them to be together. Sometimes... things just work out.
7 comments:
Looks like you had a good time.
To all- I am now approving comments as they come in- love all of you blog followers and lurkers- you know who you are!
Nice pictures. You even got Trent & Marty's faces and smiles!
Post a Comment