So here are the random facts you all wanted.
#1 I dislike the color red. I always admire others possessions- clothing, cars, paint etc... but I can never bring myself to buy red things. Wait I take that back- after taking inventory of my closet I found one thing- my ski parka- which I love, other than the color. It was a sweet deal with fab features but every time I wear it I think, "why isn't this black?" We just had family pictures taken and I wore a red shirt, which I borrowed from my friend Sharon. I quickly gave it back. My mother wanted me in red- she thinks I look good in it- guess we will see.
#2 I dislike Cherries. (They are Red). Cherry Jello, Coke, Candy, Pie... you get the picture. Nothing ruins a buffet quicker then having cheesecake and the only topping is cherry.
#3 I once received a concussion at my daughter's soccer game. The game was over and we were walking across the field to our cars, when all of a sudden WHAM! I took a ball to the head kicked by an adult male that had missed a goal- so it was hauling. I remember stumbling and wobbling for about 20 feet in high heels before my husband caught me as I went down. On the way home in the car I had to pull over and throw up, that continued once we were home. The next day I went to the doctor and had scans and x rays, confirming I had a moderate concussion. I know you are all laughing, I am too. My sister in law called me with the news that she had gotten a new job and she was so excited, I talked to her 3 days later and asked her if she had gotten the job, she was puzzled, I couldn't remember talking to her.
#4 I am a music buff. In some other life I know I was a rock star- or just a roadie- living the life. My dream job would be a music critic or historian. N rolls his eyes when I tivo everything historic on VH1 so I can stay with the music scene. Just yesterday I was glued to the top 100 hip hop songs of all time. I am a life time subscriber to Rolling Stone. I wanted to join the reality show, that they had where you could work for Rolling Stone but I was to old( HA!). I love it when people call me and ask, " who is the guy, ya know in that one band, that sings that song, da da do do , ya know?" makes my day.
#5 Kind of along the line of #4 I like sports facts. I love to watch all sports. I could hang at any sports bar and carry on with any guy if I needed to. N will admit I know more about sports than he does- is any one else happy that Joe Torre has the LA Dodgers on their way to a world series? Or curious why the New England patriots without their QB are having a hard time defensively? HU?
#6 I am every one's crazy liberal friend. Everyone needs one in their life. Early on in my working career it dawned on me that I had different views and opinions from most of the people I was surrounded by. Eventually people see my inner beauty(ha ha). I once had a co- worker(not from Utah) ask me what I was doing here- that I didn't belong because I was pro- choice and a friend to gay people. I just said, "look at those mountains pal, that's why I'm in Utah and from November to April I ski like the wind"(or I try to- I'm really just an intermediate skier). I love Utah, I am proud to be a native- I fit in just fine.
#7- I actually only had 6 but came up with one just now. I just got home from the dentist and I am waiting for my 1/2 hour to be up so I can eat. I LOVE GOING TO THE DENTIST. I know it is a little weird, but I do- I go every 6 months to the day and I love it. FREAK!
I guess I tag those who would like to do this one- it is hard.
7 comments:
I loved this. I didn't know you were such a sports fan. I could chat it up about football all the live long day. I can watch sports center long after Kenny has retreated to his novel.
Well you're my favorite freak. I FREAKIN hate the destist. I'd rather go you know where than to the dentist..something about lock jaw and the sound of drills just doesn't do it for me. And yes you ae the queen of music hands down.
Ha ha, this was fun to read. I hate cherries too! I also hate the dentist. Don't really know why, it's not like it hurts, but I hate it. So good for you for loving it.
You are the queen of music. I will forever think about you in Capital Reef when I hear that Kid Rock song. You know the one "smoking funny things".
Thanks for the post. I had fun learning new things about you!
I'm so glad you can be my "crazy liberal friend." And I'm also glad that you haven't left the state--we need you here!
And ... I'm excited for your tulips! You'll love it when they start blooming, in the spring.
I couldn't have been happier that Joe Torre had the LA Dodgers on their way to a world series...but then look what happened!!
I'm just so glad that we are liberal friends. It's great to have your right upstairs from me every day of the week so I can periodically vent. Oh I hate cherries too...damn cherry cheesecake. Love ya, Sheryl
Post a Comment