Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Having more than we lost




I had dinner with a friend last night who I have been friends with all my life. I have only seen her once in the last year and a half. In February she lost a baby at about 35.5 weeks, her son was born, to her seemingly perfect. For months I tried to contact her, visit her and help her. I was never able to get in touch with her during her trying time. A very private person with a very private matter. Yesterday when she called and invited me to dinner, I was trilled that I could make it. We met with our other friend Leah and had ourselves a little reunion. Ku was able to tell her story of her 4th child, a son, Michael. I was so thankful to her for sharing her story. It may of taken her a while to gain the courage to share it, but I was so glad she did. Ku said so many wonderful things- but the best was when she said, "I have more than I lost, and I am trying to focus on that."
Today Cassidy had a C-Scan for a neck mass she has had since birth. It is growing and the doctors wanted us to have it looked at. So far- she has had an ultrasound and now, today the scan. The ultrasound came up with a sore or lesion. It is in such a odd place that our doctor thought the C- scan may be better than the ultrasound. Right now we are home- eating our breakfast and letting our stomachs settle. Cass had to have an I-V which I wasn't expecting, that was the worst and scariest part for us both- since I had told her she didn't need to have a shot.
Last Night Cass lost her front tooth- she is talking with a lisp today, getting used to her tooth being gone. The tooth fairy visited and left $3.

5 comments:

Cori said...

Lacy, I hope everything turns out okay. Why does life seem to be so tough for everyone lately? Dang it all.

Amy said...

Thank you for your post. Today of all days I really needed that. And you know what Ku is right. I do have more than I lost and I am so grateful for my husband and my son and all the wonderful family and friends I am blessed with.
I hope everything with Cass is ok. Keep me posted for sure. Love you so much. Thanks you for your friendship and all the ways you bless my life.
Love you
Ames

Natalie said...

This was a really good post, and what good words of advice. I need that at a time I'm feeling ungrateful. 35 weeks, ouch. I can't even imagine...Poor Cass, keep me posted. I hope everything is fine. What a cute toothless little girl. The halloween pictures are cute.

christine said...

I had no idea about Cass's neck. We pray that everything will turn out okay. Poor little Cass-i.v.'s are never fun. Ashtyn just got her tonsils and adenoids out last week and had to get one two. We should get them together to share stories! Sometimes it's hard to focus on the good things we are blessed with, but it always seems to help. Thanks for sharing your friend's wise words!

currierRus said...

Hope everything will come out fine with Cass. Keep us posted.