
OK so I'm so wound up today. I just can not get enough of the Olympics! I have been saying all summer that I can not wait as a few of my friends/co workers give me questioning glances. I told a few of my friends that Michael Phelps has the best body I have ever seen. I'm in love with Dara, Misty May-Treanor and Keri Welch. I even enjoyed the Basketball game. It thrills me that for 17 days there is 4 hours of TV to look forward to each evening. China is beautiful and I'm amazed at the architecture and culture. I know I'm a geek but it is fun to be passionate about something. To see people from all over the world compete with desire and focus- I love hearing the stories. To me these athletes are "true" celebrities and people of interest- they have heart and soul and they do it because they love it-it makes me want to be healthier, take care of myself and encourage my children to dream.
Thanks Cjane and Shanna for your great insight on the games as well!
6 comments:
I agree, it is cool to see the world unite for one event that we can all take pride in. Riley sat in awe and watched the chineese men do their floor exercises. He wanted to jump up and do that to. And hey I might not have known who Michael Phelps was before the Olympics, but I sure as hell kow who he is now.
I love it, too ... but this is my problem: it is not in my best interest to stay up until 11pm every night! I'm worn out. :)
We sound just alike Lacy! I TIVO every channel with the Olympics so that I can go home from work and watch them whenever I have a second! Of course you can guess that my most favorite event are the equestrian events!
Holla for the games! We love them too. I get a little too worked up though :)
See, there are lots of closet geeks just like us! Although I did have to take a few days off so I could be a crazy cycling fan. I was screaming and swooning just like my daughter does for the Jonas Brothers.
It's so funny, because people keep telling me that I look like Michael Phelps when I take my shirt off. Yep, ladies, Wendy is THAT lucky.
Post a Comment