Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Taking my monkey to see the kids at the zoo




On Saturday N had a work party at the Utah Hogle Zoo where families were invited to attend. It has been years since any of us have been to the zoo. We had a great lunch provided to us and free admission to the zoo, which by the way was extremely busy. After lunch is was off to see the new to us but 2 year old exhibit of the "Ghost of the Bayou" white alligator. It wasn't very active and I think it was Shannon that said, "didn't it look plastic to you?" Well yeah, but I guess it was cool anyways..... Highlights were the cougar, who was very active pacing and making noise,and we got to watch the girl wolf have her lunch as saliva dripped off her teeth and her yellow eyes glowed. I longed for the days of the hippo and the wax figurines. Cassidy left with a stuffed white albino alligator. We also enjoyed the train and the new carousel.

4 comments:

Amy said...

It might be a good thing we didn't come or I would have been stuck on the carousel all afternoon. I can't wait to show Riley the picture of Cass on the Elephant

l.g. mcfifi said...

We picked the elephant for that very reason!

Amy said...

Oh he loves it. I think we have looked at it like 5 times already this morning. I will have to make a copy for the picture board in his room. Love you

St. Provo Girl said...

Ah yes... the plastic Alligator. Good times.